Proudly hosted by: Islamic Centre of Northwest Calgary
on Sat, Jan 4th at 7:20 am
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: 'Whoever prays the morning prayer in congregation then sits remembering Allah until the sun rises, then prays two units of prayer has the reward like that of Hajj and `Umrah, 'Complete, complete, complete (in reward).(Tirmidhi)
7:20 am Call to prayer, Adhan
7:35 Fajr prayer
7:55-8:10 Explanation of certain prayers including greeting of the ablution, greeting of the Masjid, sunrise prayer, late morning prayer, prayer of the pious, prayer of repentance, prayer for need, prayer for travel, prayer for repentance and prayer for decision making
8:15-8:45 Morning supplications and study circles reviewing certain prayers.
8:45-9:15 Offering of various types of prayers individually
9:30-10:30 Breakfast-Cereal, fruit, coffee, tea and juice
10:35-10:50 closing remarks
Wii 11 - Purification of the Heart
Weekend Ilm Intensive XI A 2 day intensive examining the Signs, Symptoms, and Cures of the Spiritual Diseases of the Heart
Sat, Nov 23rd till Sun, Nov 24th, 2013.
Hosted by: Islamic Centre of Northwest Calgary
Conducted by Shaykh
Association of Northwest Calgary
WEEKEND ILM INTENSIVE 10 ESSENTIALS OF JUMU'A -
THANK ALLAH IT'S FRIDAY
A two day intensive study on Friday and it's ruling based on Imam Tirmidhi's Sunan balancing the form and spirit of Jumu'a according to all four schools of thought.
To be held from Saturday, June 15th till Sunday, June 16th,2013
at the Islamic Association of Northwest Calgary
Limited to 130 students .... Click Here for more information or to register today!
Proudly Supported by:
Wii Gives Back 3 - Whats Your HA Status?
Click Here to Register Now!
The original Wii Give Back course was conducted on Sunday March 3rd, 2013. Despite the snowstorm, we still had 115 students in attendance. Due to the fact that we had 300 + students registered for the event and an overwhelming demand to deliver the seminar again for those students who missed we will be hosting this program: The 18 Levels of the People in the Hereafter, compiled by Ibn al Qayyim once again on Sunday, May, 12th, 2013 at the Islamic Centre of SE Calgary from 1:45-5pm
WHEN: The session will commence after the Duhr prayer (1:45pm) and will end at 5:00pm) on Sunday, May 12th, 2013.
TEACHER: Shaykh Fayaz Tilly, scholar of the Muslim Council of Calgary and Muslim Chaplain of the University of Calgary and Mount Royal University.
2:00: Duhr prayer
2:15- 3:30 : The following chapters will be discussed:
1) 'Those firmest in resolve' (Oolul-'Azm): Nooh, Ibraheem, Moosa, 'Eesa and Muhammad, may peace be upon them all
2) Those besides them from the Messengers
3) The Prophets
4) The truest and sincerest followers of the Messengers (as-Siddeeqoon)
5) The just Imaams and Rulers
6) Those that strove and fought Jihad in Allah's cause, with their wealth and their persons
7) Those that preferred others over themselves & treated people with goodness and performed charitable acts
8 ) Those for whom Allah opened a door of good deeds which was restricted to themselves such as Prayer, Charity, Fasting, Hajj etc
9) The level of the people of salvation, and they were those who carried out Allah's obligations and avoided that which He prohibited
10) The level of a people who wronged themselves and committed major sins forbidden by Allah; however Allah granted them sincere repentance before death.
11) The level of a people who combined righteous deeds and evil deeds, meeting Allah whilst persisting upon their sins and not repentant
4:00-5:00: The following chapters will be discussed:
12) A people whose good and evil deeds were equal and they are the companions of the Heights (al-A'raaf)-which is a place between the Paradise and the Hellfire
13) The level of those who were afflicted and put to trial- whose scales were light: their evil deeds outweighed their good deeds.
14) A people who had no acts of obedience or disobedience, or Unbelief, or true Faith (Eemaan), and they are of different types; from them are those who the true call did not reach; the insane; the deaf person and the children of the Mushriks who died before being able to correctly discern anything
15) The level of the Hypocrites (al-Munafiqoon) who outwardly displayed Islam but inwardly concealed disbelief
16) The leaders of those who disbelieved and its callers
17) The level of those Unbelievers who were blind-followers and ignorant ones
18) The level of Jinn
TEXTBOOK: The Imaam, the verifier, Ibnul-Qayyim mentioned the levels of the people in the Herafter in his valuable book 'Tareequl-Hijratayn wa Baabus-Sa'aadatayn' (Two Migrations and the Door to the Two States of Bliss). And by 'the two Migrations', he meant migrating towards Allaah and to His Messenger through true Faith (Eemaan), love, and obedience; and by 'the two states of Bliss' he meant the Bliss of this world and the Hereafter for those who were true Believers and who performed righteous and correct deeds. This is a marvelous classification in which he explained what is for or against each level. It includes the correct Belief (`Aqeedah) with regard to the Prophets, and the Messengers, and the righteous servants of Allaah - and their virtues, ranks, and the reward that Allaah, the Most High, has prepared for them, just as it includes the correct Belief regarding the Hypocrites (al-Munaafiqoon), and the Unbelievers, and those who associate others with Allaah in worship - and what He has prepared for them from torment and humiliation. Read up upon the textbook and the Table of Contents by clicking on the following: http://www.islamicbookstore.com/b9499.html
The Glory Prayer
THE ISLAMIC ASSOCIATION OF NW CALGARY
IS PLEASED TO HOST:
THE GLORY PRAYER The beauty of a Believer is the observance of the Night Prayer; Qiyam ul Layl (Prophetic Tradition-Hakim)
Saturday, May, 18th (isha) 11:00pm - Sunday, May 19th (fajr) 4:15am
33 ways to concentrate in your Prayer
Lecture by Shaykh Fayaz Tilly followed by Qiyam
CLICK HERE to download your free eBook
written by Shaykh Salih Al-Munajjid.
Refreshements, tea and coffee will be served throughout the night.
11:00- Isha Prayer
11:20-12:30- Understanding the importance of Salah and 1-15 ways to concentrate in your prayer
1:00-2:00 16-33 ways to concentrate in your prayer, including the explanation of the night Salah, forgiveness Salah , greeting of the Masjid Salah, prayer in Need and Salat-ul Istikharaa
2:15-3:15- Qiyam ul Layl lead by Sh Yasir Sabri---YOU DON'T want to MISS this!
3:15-4:10 Individual prayers, remembrance of Allah, Supplication etc.
Pleae note: please bring your downloaded book, paper and a pen to take notes and a zeal for learning and worshipping Allah. Refreshments will be served throughout the night!
Wii 9 - Signs of the Hour
Centre of Northwest Calgary proudly hosts
A comprehensive two day study on The Major and Minor Signs of the Hour
All sessions will commence 1.5 hours before Sunset Prayer and will be followed by a complimentary community Iftaar. Qiyam ul Layl program will be conducted from 12:45 am until a complimentary pre-dawn meal followed by Fajr prayer. Workshops will be conducted by Shaykh Fayaz Tilly. Looking forward to seeing you and your families celebrating and taking advantage of the most blessed days throughout the year!
A Day With The Messenger (PBUH)
Islamic Centre of South Calgary proudly hosts this FREE event A DAY WITH THE MESSENGER (PBUH)